Hailey Dai's Daily Dose

Useful and amusing information about sex, sexual health, sexuality and all things sexy.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

"Sex and the City" Round-Up

Okay, you knew it was coming. At some point, I’d have to mention Sex and the City. Many of my wonderful girlfriends like to tell people that I write a sex column when we’re out in public. Inevitably, someone (usually female) will say; “Oh my gosh! Just like Carrie Bradshaw! I want to be Carrie Bradshaw!”
And, really I’m not like Carrie Bradshaw at all — I’m younger and I can’t afford Manolo Blahniks for starters — but she’s become the face of all young, female sex writers to much of the public.

All that said, I’m a fan of the show, so I wanted to know what the women were all up to. Here’s what I unearthed:

Sarah Jessica Parker has been ousted from her GAP throne by the young Joss Stone. Her three-season deal as the store’s reigning campaign queen has come to an end, and Stone’s music and her image will be donning the crown for the summer.

Cynthia Nixon is scheduled to star in a movie for HDNet called One Last Thing. She plays a mother coping with a child with a terminal illness. Sounds like a tear-jerker. She's also a lesbian, but I think everyone knows that by now.

Kim Cattrall is playing a cold ice-skating coach in the movie Ice Princess. This is the movie she apparently turned down a SITC film for. Good choice? Haven’t seen it. But, I can guess.

Kristin Davis is the most surprising: she’s apparently obsessed with a monkey from the remake of The Shaggy Dog she’s shooting with Robert Downey and Tim Allen AND, she’s dating the most brilliant Steve Martin (who is, yes, 20 years her senior). Steve Martin is actually quite involved in the art scene, so maybe it’s somehow an extension of her character Charlotte, who worked in art galleries?

Finally: The Sex and the City movie may be back on. Apparently Kim Cattrall is reconsidering… Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing is TBD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home