Hailey Dai's Daily Dose

Useful and amusing information about sex, sexual health, sexuality and all things sexy.

Friday, March 11, 2005

Maxi-Mum: The Silent Pad Wrapper

To my female readers: I’d like to do a little informal survey about sanitary napkins.

When all of this business about ‘quieter pad wrappers’ started, I was baffled. I’ve never given two hoots whether the woman in the stall next to me knows I’m menstruating or not. Maybe if I was in a restroom filled with dignitaries and all of my boyfriend’s female relatives I’d feel differently. But that’s rarely the case, and even then, I doubt I’d really care. After all, we’re all women, and we all know we get our period… so why be embarrassed?

But maybe I’m in the minority – clearly it bothers enough of us that the pad-makers of the world felt it necessary to reduce the volume on their products. Or are these wrappers for young women just starting their periods who are still a little freaked by the whole experience?
What do you all think: smart or silly? Do you now breathe a little easier knowing you can apply a pad or liner in relative silence, or do you, like me, fail to see what all the fuss is about?

Leave a comment or drop me an email (subject heading: Maxi-Mum) at haileydai@hotmail.com. Anonymity guaranteed, if desired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home