Hailey Dai's Daily Dose

Useful and amusing information about sex, sexual health, sexuality and all things sexy.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Lie With Me on the Big Screen


This may look like a children's book, but it so very much is not. It's maybe the complete opposite of a children's book. It's probably the most sexual book I've ever read. Figuring the cover was innocent enough, I started to read it on a train, and let me tell you: you do NOT want to be reading this book in a public place. Unless you're into that kind of thing. It follows a lusty woman (occasionally lusty in a very upsetting and desperate way) through various (very explicit) sexual encounters with both men and women, all rotating around the axis of one man with whom she seems to have a love/hate relationship. The book is really very interesting, kind of tortured (both literally and figuratively), very hot and the writing is quite impressive. I've always liked this book.

That said, I was surprised to learn that this book is now a movie (going by the same title). It's opening on Friday in Toronto. I'll have to see it, as I'm completely intruiged by the whole idea of having a book this sexually explicit translate on screen. I'm not sure what the schedule is for any release dates around the world, but here's a bit about the movie from AM900 CHML. The movie stars Lauren Lee Smith (from the L Word) as the woman and Eric Balfour (24 and Six Feet Under) as the man.

Nice to note: Toronto itself seems to be a co-star in this movie. Sexy movie + lots of Toronto = fantastic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home