Hailey Dai's Daily Dose

Useful and amusing information about sex, sexual health, sexuality and all things sexy.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Celebrity Wednesday - Post #1


Rufus Wainwright, via hiponline.com originally uploaded by haileydai.

I don't mean to be coming up with these thematic post days. It just happens.
Today, I stumbled across this article on femalefirst.co.uk about one of my favourite Canadian sons: Rufus Wainwright. He's a supremely talented musician and he's also gay.
In this short (but sweet?) piece, he discusses the part homophobia played in his self-destructive behaviours of the past: namely, excessive drug use and poor self image.

He even talks about thoughts of a plot to hide his homosexuality at the beginning of his career so that women would be more inclined to love him. Well, he didn't hide it, but that doesn't stop me from thinking he's downright dreamy. Plan or not, I think he's well-loved by the ladies. Rock on Rufus!


1 Comments:

  • At 8:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am SO pleased to see you talking up our-guy Rufus! He is a real dream-boat (especially from a same-sex oriented perspective!).
    I was SO excited to find him on the fold-out cover of Rolling Stone recently, as they profiled the offspring of famous musicians. His willingness to be himself with his fans comes across loud and queer in everything he does (particularly when sitting in the second row of his Dec 2003 Massey Hall concert thank you very much!)
    I look forward to new Rufus developments!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home