Hailey Dai's Daily Dose

Useful and amusing information about sex, sexual health, sexuality and all things sexy.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Kinsey Coming to DVD (pun both noted and intended)


Peter Sarsgaard in Kinsey, originally uploaded by haileydai.

I don't know how many of you saw Kinsey, but I sure as heck did. If you're interested in the history of sexology, or even sexuality for that matter, it's fascinating. Also, seeing Peter Sarsgaard walk around with no clothes on was more than worth admission for me.
If you'd like to see him walk around with no clothes on in the comfort of your own home, two different DVD editions will be released May 17th by 20th Century Fox. One will be your plain-old single DVD edition, and the other will be a fangled two-DVD special edition. What makes it special? Beyond the movie and the usual suspects found on the plain-old DVD (trailer and director commentary) it'll contain the following:
- The Kinsey Report: Sex on Film
- 20 deleted scenes plus alternative ending with optional commentary by director/writer Bill Condon
- Gag reel
- Sex Ed at the Kinsey Institute
- Interactive Sex Questionnaire
- Theatrical trailer
- What the Bleep? Trailer.
I love a good gag reel, but your guess is as good as mine as to what the What the Bleep? Trailer might be.

And, if you're interested in the good work of the good people at the Kinsey Institute at Indiana University, go to http://www.indiana.edu/~kinsey/.

UPDATE: A lovely reader left me a note to let me know that What the Bleep? is actually an independent film. I wonder if it's the What the Bleep Do We Know? movie I've heard so much about. Anyway, that solves the mystery: it's not some kind of gag-trailer for Kinsey, as I was hoping it might be.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:28 p.m., Blogger Digger said…

    What The Bleep is a great independent movie that was filmed in Portland, Oregon and has been hitting small theaters througout the US for the past year or two. The link: http://www.whatthebleep.com/

    I have book marked your blog and intend to visit often. I would very much like to see this conversation become common among our youth (I have given up on the politicians).

    I am not familiar with your magazine, but will seek it out.

    Good blogging, Hailey.

     
  • At 6:45 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I too loved What the Beep. Made for a very interesting conversation post movie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home